Founded in the year 1988 with the blessing of Jain Saint Sri Sumatiprakashji & Vishalmuniji at the historic venue of Sri Ganesh Bagh, No., 9, Bhagwan Mahaveer Road (Formerly known as Infantry Road), Bangalore, Jain Yuva Sanghatan associated itself with bringing all sects of Jains on a single platform. For its motto, the Sanghatan is doing various social service activities. Jain Yuva Sanghatan is organising the Birth Celebration of Lord Mahaveer bringing all sects of Jains on a single platform from past 28 years. Even during the 2600th Birth Celebration of Lord Mahaveer, the Govt. of Karnataka associated itself with the Jain Yuva Sanghatan to celebrate this historic event.
Jain Yuva Sangathan, Bangalore is a well known social service organisation which is celebrating Bhagwan Mahaveer Jayanti bringing all sects of Jains on a single platform from past 28 years. The Govt. of Karnataka also recognised our efforts and celebrated the 2600th Janm Kalyanak Mahotsav of Bhagwan Mahaveer under our platform in the year 2001. Jain Yuva Sangathan is being blessed every year by various dignitaries of the Central & State Govt. at the various functions organised by us. JYS is also being blessed every year by lot of Jain & Hindu Saints also. Our Sangathan is one of the premier organisation working continuously for upliftment of jain culture and taking care of basic necessities of needy jain families and their medical expenses. Time to time, we are also conducting other humanitarian activities also. The prime objectives of Jain Yuva Sangathan is Education, Service & Organisation.
- With the persisting efforts made by Jain Yuva Sangathan, Bangalore’s premier Infantry Road was named after “Bhagwan Mahaveer Marg” by the State Government.
- Acceleration of devotion towards jainism is being inspired among jains by organising Jain Antakshri programme time to time.
- Publication of stickers in Kannada, English & Hindi to publicise vegetarianism.
- Publicity of Bhagwan Mahaveer’s message by installing huge hoardings at various parts of Bangalore.
- Distribution of various materials related to jain religion & jain principles as momento alike Jain Calenders, Jain Diaries etc, to donors every year.
- Submission of memorandums to Govt. officers for closure of slaughter houses.
- Appreciable management of drinking water for continuous 18 days in Shravanabelagola at the time of Mahamastakabhisheka of Bhagwan Bahubali in the year 2006.
- Praiseworthy arrangements of grand procession at the time of revolutionary saint Sri Tarunsagarji Maharaj’s Chaturmas Pravesh.
- Establishment of permanent office for Jain Yuva Sangathan in Nagarthpet, Bangalore for effective management of the activities.
- Participation of Jain Yuva Sangathan’s delegates in the programmes of Id Milan & Haj to inspire the spirit of co-operation, brotherhood and harmony.
- Organisation of Grand Exhibitions.
- Consistent efforts are being made every year to pressurise Union Railway Minister to name one of the trains between Bangalore to Rajasthan as Mahaveer Express or Vardhaman Express.
- Organisation of various competitions and quiz programmes related to Jain ideologies for enriching children.
- Conducting classes in Home Science for Girls.
- Distribution of Magazines containing details of Jain religion, Jain culture on the auspicious occasion of Samvatsari & Deepavali.
- Conducting Blood Donation & Blood Testing Camps and related humanitarian activities every year.
- Better co-ordination and liason with about 90 reputed jain organisations.
- Organising Kavi Sammelans on the occasion of Mahaveer Janm Kalyanak Mahotsav.
- Submission of memorandums to administrative officers and silent procession for condemning misbehaviours & anti-jain religious activities.
- Demonstrating wonderful Tableaus during procession showing life principles of Bhagwan Mahaveer and Jainism.
- Establishment of Jain Yuva Sangathan Seva Trust for assistance to needy Jains. Under the plan “A ray of hope in life” life saving drugs & medicines are distributed and supplied at 50% cost price.
- Providing financial assistance to needy jains in the field of education under the project “Jeevan Shiksha”.
- Providing partial financial assistance to needy jains for operations under the project “Jeevan Raksha”.
Future Programmes :
JYS is extra keen to insure that entire jain samaj should celebrate forthcoming Samvatsari on one day to strengthen jain unity so as to achieve the sole objective of our sangathan. It is also firmly determined to eradicate all evils and bad customs/practices prevailing in society by getting active participation of entire jain samaj. JYS is regularly getting remarkable success in achieving their objects and will continue further.
Today, we honestly need combined efforts, detailed analysis and discretion. A dream of unity can easily be fulfilled provided earnest co-ordination of the society is ensured.
The members of JYS are shouldering various responsibilities entrusted upon them in different segments and are continuously and selflessly dedicated towards the upliftment of jain samaj by sacrificing their personal interests.
Sangathan (integration) is the mother of success and disintegration is the mother of failure. Disintegration increases despair and sangathan increases moral. JYS with the team of members is persistently making efforts for the welfare of the jain samaj by way of positive broad thinking, self confidence, appropriate work plan, hard work, best co-ordination & true dedication and feel highly indebtful for direct and indirect, physical & financial assistance provided by entire samaj.
We feel with the genuine keenness and readiness to serve others, one can attain happiness in any group or society. What a great world this would be if people would spend as much as energy practicing their religion as they spend quarreling.